Planning a party or special celebration? The venue sets the tone for your event. Here are the top ten things you need to know to get it right. We’ve put together a handy site selection checklist with all the questions you should ask when scouting venues.
- • Event Planner…Do they have an onsite planner to assist with all details? If so, is that an additional fee?
- • Parking…Does the venue have on-site parking? Is there a parking fee? Is valet parking needed?
- • Tables and Chairs…Are they available for rental or included in the venue fee? What other amenities are included with the venue fee?
- • Kitchen Facilities…Is there an onsite kitchen? If so, what are the requirements/restrictions?
- • Equipment…Do they have AV equipment, screens, microphones, etc. for rental and, if so, are they included in the venue fee?
- • Extra Space…Is there a coat-check room, VIP rooms, or breakout rooms?
- • Bar Set-up…Can alcohol be served? Can we bring our own alcohol and bartender?
- • Security…Is this provided or do you need to bring your own?
- • Restrictions…Do you need to be out by a certain time for an hour Does alcohol need to be suspended by a certain time? Are there any community/city restrictions? Are we allowed to use helium balloons?
- • Extending Event Hours…If you decide to extend the event during the event, is this an option? If so, what are those fees?
- • Extra Fees…Are we charged for a corkage fee, a cancellation fee, etc.?
- • Entertainment…Is there a preferred vendor list or can we use our own suppliers?
Verbal doesn’t get it! Make sure that ALL your special details are LISTED in the contract before signing.